Are you looking for the maps? They are under maps in the menu above. Link to the CC Maps
See our photos and video’s as well as the Spotwalla Map. Also find a link to the ADVRider ride report.
Media from other trips
Info on other trips not available at this time.
Getting you and your bike into MX:
- You’ll need a temporary vehicle import permit. There are two methods listed below and both will benefit from a HowTo developed by Linda Theisen:
- In person – The HowTo above will walk you through the whole process including what you need.
- Online via Banjercito – I prefer this method as the in person method is a bit of a runaround and this also ensures you are ready to go much sooner as you don’t need to deal with standing in lines and making copies at the boarder.
- Click English
- Click Car Permit
- Read the info about getting an immigration pre-authorization including a link to accomplish the task.
- Click Continue and follow the prompts
- The immigration HowTo is still a useful document when you are at the boarder, you just get to skip the steps concerning the vehicle importation… this is the point you can point and laugh at your friends that chose to do it the hard way or left the title in their truck 1000 miles north!
- You’ll also need insurance. I get mine from mexadventure.com. It compares a few different companies and lengths of coverage on one page. Note that liability is the only coverage they will offer on smaller bikes such as my DRZ.
Links to other sites:
Moto-Mikey’s Site – A site set up for a guys trip from Alaska to Argentina. Includes info on maps and lodging, etc.