- Start at 130* for 1 to 1.5 hours (no smoke or water in the pan) This gives the casings time to dry some.
- 140* with smoke for 2 hours. I use my water pan here, keeps the casings from being to brittle during the heat PID programs.
- 150* for 2.5 hours. Check IT of the sticks with thermapen (from the top of the sticks) smoke opt
- 160* for 2.5 hours, check IT again. You should see approx IT of 125-130 and may even see a stall time. smoke opt
- 170* for 2.5-3 hours. Again check IT as you should be getting close.
- If needed bump to 175* while checking IT. Your looking for an IT of the meat of 152*
- Try not to exceed 180* smoker IT or you could have a fat-out of the meat.
- At times i pull the sticks at 149-150 IT and let them at room temp (no cold water) they will IT to 152* by them self.
- Set smoker to 225 F
- Apply Rib Rub and let sit for 30 minutes
- Smoke at 225 for 5 hours (I didn’t like the 2-2-1 method, too tender)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
http://www.meatsandsausages.com/ – Recipes and know-how